Application Task: give reasons:
a) Why Siberian crane visits India during winters?
b) Polar bear hibernate. Give reasons.
c) What are the different adaptations of the polar bear that help it in the swimming?
Explanation Task: Refer Section 7.3 of the Textbook and write the Adaptive features of animals found in Tropical forests:
- Lion- Tiger
- Red-eyed frog
Journal Writing Task: Complete the practical under the heading Aim, Materials required, Procedure, Observation and Conclusion:
Aim: To prepare Pure crystals of Copper sulphate from its Impure solution.
Application Task: give the answers in NB-1:
• Two regions of our planet having extreme weather conditions are
• The primary source that causes changes in weather.
• Name the places where tropical rainforests are found
.• Why penguins have streamlined bodies?
• Layer of fat under the skin of polar bears.
[Time: 15 minutes MI: Verbal RBT: Application]
Note: Submit your Science NB-2 tomorrow. If submitted ignore the message.
1. Terminology Task: Write the given words 3 times in Notebook 1 using the rule Look-Cover-Say-Write-Check:1.
Weather, climate, Humidity, Adaptation, Migration, Tropical Region, Polar region, Maximum Temperature, Minimum Temperature.
2. Activity Task: Complete Table 7.1 given in textbook.
3. Problem Solving Task: Give one word for the following:
a) Instrument to measure maximum and minimum temperature.
b) Amount of water vapour present in air at a given time and place.
c) Name the instrument used to measure relative humidity.
Completion Task: Complete the leftover Questions and Submit your NB-2 tomorrow.
Note: Bring your science Journal tomorrow without fail.
Textual Task: Complete Q 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 in NB-2
Also Answer the following:
- Write three differences between a physical and a chemical change.
- What happens when we add a pinch of baking soda to a teaspoonful of vinegar?
[Time: 25 minutes MI: Logical RBT: Application]
Writing Task: Complete the following questions in NB-2
- Q. 4, 5, 11, and 12 of Textual Task.
- Define crystallization.